Sunday, July 12, 2009

Flowers

Flowers are my favourite subjects to shoot. They come in different colour, shapes, sizes and they don't move! These are some photos taken when we were at the National Arboretum in DC.

I prefer dark backgrounds hence I set the shutter speed at 1/600 or 1/800 most of the time.

Resembles a bell doesn't it?
IMG_3518

I love this one
IMG_3520

The background is a fountain that had light and dark blue tiles.
IMG_3538

I never thought this would come out so pretty!
IMG_3570

I did not bother to take down the names of any of these plants. Next time!

8 comments:

Rajesh July 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Beautiful snaps.

Rush July 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

u capture nature so well..hugsie :)

Sonia July 13, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Wow...beautiful snaps. Why you don't frame and hang over wall? Really gorgeous! :)

Archana July 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Beautiful SJ...u are a real stud man !!

sujata sengupta July 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

ahha at last, I was really wondering what happened!! great work, love the hazy backdrops and the awesome clarity of the subjects!! really really commendable!!

Sakshi July 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

I love this blog and will stay put here only *grins* loved that background fountain bluey pic...

Oceana August 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

I loved the second violet flower..gorgeous, whats its name ..(i am very plants crazy) :)

Oceana August 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

I loved the second violet flower..gorgeous, whats its name ..(i am very plants crazy) :)

Moi

I am an amateur photographer trying very hard to become a pro! I use a Canon 50D to capture anything & everything that catches my eye and the photographs finally land in this blog. Any criticism/tips that will help improve my photography is greatly appreciated.

PS- If you are not interested in my photography and want to read some crap talk hop over to my other blog- Masala Vade.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP